Sunday, October 4, 2009

conference weekend

We had such a great conference weekend.  Andrew and I don't work on Fridays and we each only have one class, so our weekends start early.  This week was extra fun because we saw a dollar movie on Thursday night, The Proposal.  we thought it was funny but it isn't my #1 recommendation.  I thought it was so fun to go do that on a week night though. ( which reminded me that I am starting to really sound like a married woman huh!  ha ha)

Friday night we went to Tucanos (with a gift card from our wedding) and then to Andrew's mission reunion.  It was fun to see and hear a little more about his mission.  His mission president spoke and although I've met the Wards before it was good to get to know them better.  It was a really fun night.

we went up to Alpine for Conference in between sessions on Saturday.  Conference at the Bonhams is all about projects and food.  But as for me, I think the emphasis was on the latter.  My mom did it again...  Coffee cake, pumpkin bread, pot roast, mashed potatoes, cookies, and that's just the start.
mmm.  this had to be one of the best things ever.  Hot pumpkin bread and cold butter.  I could eat the whole loaf by myself. I probably did.

she also made caramel popcorn...

and a dozen other treats.

The boys went to priesthood and the girls went to see a movie!  2 movies in a week is not a usual thing for me!  It was so fun.  WE saw Julie & Julia...

it was the cutest movie ever.  I just loved it.  

me, Larken, Brynne, my mom, and Grandma saw it together.

after seeing that movie I was in the mood to cook of course.  my mom and I made pesto chicken tortellini just in time for the men to come home and eat with us.

It was a fun night!  I was also thinking about our other side of the family--Andrew was missing his brothers and dad and I was thinking of my in-law women too!

Conference was very special, we loved the emphasis on families and love and are always grateful to hear from the Lord's servants. 

It's crazy to think that this is the 3rd time Andrew & I have watched Conference together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment