Friday, September 14, 2012

school of life


back to school.
except for pickups 1, 2, and 3.....none of us are in school anymore/yet. but the school of life? i've officially been enrolled.

life lessons.....not sure i like em. anyway,

want to hear my class list this month?
-insurance: when it starts over, and paying through the nose to reach your deductible, and [wishing i had known] about re-filling all your prescriptions as much as you can to stockpile before this happens. where is my mother, telling me what to do? (and yes, this is probably the first time i've ever said that)
-pharmacies: i hate them, and the kroger one is probably the worst....and the 'drive thru' Rx, well unless you have an extra 45 minutes without a screaming baby in the backseat, that you'd like to spend in a parking lot, and can park really close to a window so you don't have to unlock the door and kind of halfway get out of your car to reach said window, just avoid it at all costs. (this class ends with a short research project on switching pharmacies AND references back to the previous insurance lesson)
-dentistry: the husband and i are still enrolled in this one, i'm afraid.  i'm still trying to figure out the lesson here.  is it... that dentists are really little bacteria-filled-tool-wielding-money suckers? i think i've earned an A+ here. (seriously, do they clean EVERYTHING that they stick in your mouth at the dentist? i'm skeptical).
-parenting: turns out i'll be enrolled in this one for the rest of my life. and i can't complain about that. but this week's mini lesson is, as soon as you start giving your baby food regularly, just buy a million bibs and don't think twice.
-iphone: either don't run over your phone, or just buy applecare the first time, take your pick.
-i should add something positive because i do like my life: as much as i hate to admit it, i like this routine i'm getting my little lady on. instead of a care-free mom (who has too many breakdowns late at night) i can be a scheduled mom whose baby naps and who gets things done and isn't so overwhelmed.  sounds boring, but has its perks.



1 comment:

  1. Should be called the school of hard knocks :). The Bib thing is SOOOOO true!!! I can't tell you how many outfits we have ruined (and are still ruining) bc I'm a cheapskate and thought it would be easier to teach her to eat clean then to buy a freaking bib.

    And I'm glad you've taught me about the Kroger pharmacy. I won't even mess around with that crap. And just don't go to the dentist. ever. That seems to be working out well for me except the millions of cavities I'm sure I have. oopsie.

    ReplyDelete