Wednesday, April 6, 2011


dessert. what a point of controversy around our house.


in most couples i know.....the wife is a little more health conscious than the man. not to overgeneralize, but i know this is the case with more than one man and wife we know. how do i put this?.....this is not the case with us. i am not downright unhealthy or anything, but compared to my husband... i am pathetic! he is extremely dedicated and works out in the gym 3 times a week no matter what, plus basketball usually twice a week. since this is my first semester not playing lacrosse, i am a spotty work out-er. really spotty. i won't discuss the specifics, thank you. ha ha.


along with his work out schedule, andrew has a pretty strict diet/regimen for caloric intake. contrary to the typical woman, andrew is always adding more calories to his diet. but he is fickle about what type of calories--rightly so--which puts some pressure on me to eat right, to keep up [also cooking for him can be intimidating!] but do i keep up? no. not really. i am not awful, but i don't put much thought into calories and specifics. [i let my stomach do the deciding and try to stay away/limit anything reaallly bad.] so far, i can't complain. the scale stays the same and the jeans still fit, so i guess i can enjoy my young metabolism for a little bit longer. but i like to think someday i will be a runner.


back to dessert...i guess what they say about sweet tooths is real. i didn't realize there were truly people out there that aren't crazy about sugar. i always have been, probably always will be, judging by how my mother is*. and the bad thing is, i don't want to change. i love being a sweet tooth.


but not my husband. since we are living with my parents, we are graced with her delicious desserts probably 3 nights a week. no matter how full i am, i just can't pass it up. but andrew almost always passes on dessert. crazy if you ask me. does anybody out there know what this is like? or am i the only wife that is WORSE than her husband? just curious.


oh yeah....did i mention that my crazy mom made me THREE different birthday cakes last month? ha ha. course i ate all three, whereas andrew passed on two out of the three. silly self controlled man.

i wish i had a picture of the homemade asphalt pie my mom made me. it was 3 tiered.



ps. *as long as i can look as good as my mom does, i will continue to embrace my sweet tooth.

2 comments:

  1. my husband would seriously rather pop open a can of green beans then eat dessert. i am the biggest sweet tooth & love a good box of cracker jacks (or 2) (hence i run every stinkin day..becasue not all of us are blessed with your ridiculous metabolisim. i like how much you down played that though. its not fair!)

    sometiems id like to rip my sweet tooth out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! my husband hates desserts/pop/treats, well any junk food really. I feel like a fatty all the time bacause I always need a treat! so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete