Saturday, February 12, 2011

fast forward

okay so i've covered summer... which took a long time.

so i'm gonna fast forward through fall and christmas.

we had a good fall semester. i am doing a visual arts minor and 10.5 of my 18 credits were in art classes. it was so much fun. i will finish my minor if i go spring term, which is what i want to do. but if i'm too burned out, i can graduate in april and just be a few credits short of my minor. we'll see.

anyway, back to fall. andrew's flag football team WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!! i don't know if you know what a big deal this is to BYU intramural boys. it's a bigggg deal. ha ha. it was a super fun season. andrew even made a highlight reel of their season. i would post it here but it's saved on andrew's computer..

i took art and sewing classes and was very happy doing things i liked. it was my most successful semester of college i'd say. also my busiest.


here is a random sampling of some of my art projects. they may not look that good on the computer, but what do i have to lose? these are all pieces from my 2-D design class, which was my favorite. i am gonna brag now, but just for a second, and it's more just funny than bragging. i had two pieces chosen for the student show. then one got moved down to the first floor which i guess was a special honor or something. then it got a juror's award and i got a $50 gift certificate! the funny part is it was just tons and tons of colored squares of paper arranged in a color study. i think i could have done it when i was 8. but still, i'll take credit.
we spent thanksgiving with the pickups in provo. we were able to see everyone (except the karpowitz family) and even meet brian's brother-in-law's family from spain, who were the cutest. thanksgiving was really fun and it went by super fast, as always.

christmas was here in alpine. we were originally planning on going to texas this year, but our plans changed when brian's wedding was scheduled for january in SPAIN! so we happily traded our christmas plans away. we had a nice christmas break and spent some time relaxing. okay so actually i spent nearly all my time sewing and crafting, but i'd take that over relaxing any day ha ha.

my favorite part of the break was my snow day with andrew. we went across the street to the empty lot lovingly referred to as "lot 9" which is a scary mess of scraggly trees and rocks. but there are some steep hills so andrew and i built a snow "rollercoaster". gosh why didn't i take pictures? it was great. we basically made a bobsledding course and then went down it on sleds.
my family also went up to idaho and got to visit both my aunt kristen's family and also the seables. it was so fun to go christmas shopping with my little cousins and we also got to have a fun night out with aaron and marcia. i always love visiting them in idaho.

okay i think that's it for my catch up. i have lots of january news that hopefully gets documented soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment