Sunday, November 22, 2009

our tiny apartment

yes I know we have been married for over 3 months. But as of yesterday the walls were still mostly bare.

my dear husband tried a new strategy to motivate me..... the ultimatum. "either tell me where to hang this or it goes" ..which I guess after 3+ months is reasonable. So this weekend we have really made some progress on the walls of our tiny apartment.

here is the entry. Andrew's Boppa's grub box is one of our favorite things. It is the perfect little hutch for keys, etc. to keep in the entry. It also reminds Andrew of his grandpa who he was very close to and has a cool history. We also keep the cake topper from our wedding on it as a decoration.
My sister-in-law Marcia gave us this framed picture with quotes all around it for a wedding gift. We love it! she is so creative.
We put this Pickup sign over our door (finally!). It is also a wedding gift from my sister-in-law Malinda! we love this too. it represents our little family...

I made this little pin board out of an old frame and burlap. I love the way it turned out and I poked a couple of pins that I have gotten from lacrosse trips on it for now...
here's our little bookshelf area (but the actual bookshelf needs some help so I left it out of the picture ha ha) I painted some numbers on a collection of glass jars that I filled up with loose ends from around the house. I don't know if I want to keep it that way though. it looks better in real life than in the picture but it is kinda jumbled looking.


i finally erased the menu from our wedding reception that was on this board...and added my own thanksgiving message ha ha.
I'm not satisfied with this picture but this was our major project. This is the wall above our bed that we have hung a collection of frames and yada yada on. It may be a little unfinished but we really like it so far. I will have to get a better picture...maybe I should actually make the bed before i take it?

2 comments:

  1. your apartment is looking so good Mer! haha Dewey just doesn't understand that sometimes you have to ponder these things for 3+ months...Anyway, I think a trip to ReStore is in order as a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment is looking so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete