Monday, December 12, 2011

firsts

.


a few things i'm not used to...

-somebody opening my door and giving me a hand out of the car*
-somebody parking the car for us, and not having to walk in from a parking lot
-somebody taking my coat at the door
-somebody taking my dirty plates and napkins out of my hands
-somebody bringing around little desserts
-somebody noticing we didn't have drinks, asking what we'd like, and going and getting them for us
-somebody putting my coat on as i leave

well i think i could get used to some of these though ha ha. *not the car door thing. i don't like my gentlemen to get the door for me. i prefer not to wait and i don't mind letting myself out. the taking my dirty plate and getting me drinks and the bite size desserts on the other hand--now that wouldn't be too hard.

                        

we went to our first PwC christmas party this weekend.  side note: trying to find a dress that has sleeves, goes down to the knees, is fancy, and covers a 7-month pregnant tum is kind of difficult.

anyway, i didn't really know what to expect...but we had a really good time. it was at neiman marcus downtown, which is funny. the party is literally inside the store, with racks of clothes and shoes pushed off to the sides, and cases of purses and watches in the middle of everything. and all with $700+ price tags ha ha.

 aside from all the fancy stuff, it really was fun. there was every kind of food to choose from, unlimited drinks (even though for us that just means soda, it's still fun...i think everyone who gets an unlimited free bar appreciates this even more though ha) and lots of activities. i thought it might be boring, but we left not being able to even do everything there. it was fun to go downtown and if i could've traded in my heels for bare feet, or actually maybe my nikes (my feet always hurt these days--i think it's a pregnancy thing?) i would have no complaints at all.  we've already made a mental to-do list for next year.




4 comments:

  1. sounds like a super fun party!! And that dress is super cute!

    by the way, this is Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you two!!! Best of luck the rest of the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a ton of fun and I'm super jealous because Wes' job has a Holiday party but it is no spouses allowed... You look so cute and pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute!!! You might be the cutest pregnant lady ever. Can't wait to meet that cute little baby.

    ReplyDelete